Ashcraft & Gerel is seeking an experienced Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal to fill a position in our DMV offices. In addition to the requisite experience, the ideal candidate will be incredibly organized, be able to prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines, and possess proven customer service skills.
- Meet with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Draft legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, discovery requests and responses.
- File motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Research and analyze statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provide written analysis to attorneys.
- Interview clients and witnesses and prepare summaries of their statements.
- Prepare, organize, store, and retrieve case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, and other items.
- Assist attorney with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required; Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- At least 2 years as a litigation paralegal with comparable job responsibilities, preferably in personal injury.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel. Prevail Case Management experience a major plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
The position is full-time with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.