A lot of people telecommute these days. Thanks to technology, laptops, and smartphones, a lot of people get to work from home. They may go into the office from time to time for meetings, but for the most part, they work out of a home office.
Depending on your job, working from home may include some travel. You may have to go meet with clients at remote locations. Or maybe you have to travel out of town from time to time. Either way, there is still a chance you can suffer a work-related injury.
When it comes to telecommuting, workers’ compensation gets a little complicated. Most of these jobs don’t involve a whole lot of manual labor. However, they may involve travel. They also involve a lot of typing. This can cause repetitive stress injuries.
Just because you work from home, you shouldn’t be denied worker’s compensation insurance coverage. If you work from home and suffer a work-related injury, you need to call a worker’s comp attorney in Alexandria.
What Kinds of Injuries Do Alexandria Worker’s Compensation Lawyers Handle?
Worker’s compensation lawyers handle all sorts of cases. Some of their clients suffer very serious injuries at work. Others develop injuries over time or develop an illness from their work. The bottom line is, if you get hurt because of your job, you should be covered under worker’s comp.
Some of the injuries that someone who works from home could suffer include:
- Eye injuries – Exposure to the computer for long periods of time can cause vision impairment. Depending on how serious this is, you may need surgery or medical treatment.
- Trips and Falls – If you work in a home office, you may trip and fall and get hurt. Your home office may be set up just like it would be if you worked on-site. There is always the chance that you could fall and get hurt.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – If you type a lot, you could develop carpal tunnel syndrome. This is very common with people who type or work with computers. Telecommuting usually involves an awful lot of typing.
- Car accident – If you have to travel for your job, you could easily get into a car accident. This is a gray area. Generally speaking, commuting to and from work is not covered under worker’s comp. However, if you’re on your way to a client meeting, it may be covered under the law.
- Travel Related Injuries – If you work from home but travel for your job, you could experience all sorts of injuries. For example, if you have to fly out of town for client meetings, you’re exposed to all sorts of risks. These should be covered under worker’s comp.
Experienced worker’s compensation lawyers in Alexandria have handled all sorts of cases.
CALL 866-709-0505 OR CONTACT US ONLINE FOR A FREE, CONFIDENTIAL CONSULTATION.
Your Alexandria Worker’s Compensation Attorney Will Fight to Get You the Benefits You Deserve
Even if you work from home, you’re still entitled to the same protection as on-site employees. Your Alexandria worker’s compensation attorney will fight to make sure you get the coverage you deserve. Under worker’s comp, you’re entitled to the following:
- Medical treatment for your injuries
- Replacement wages while you’re recovering from your injuries
- Permanent disability if your injuries are severe enough to qualify
- Reimbursement for any out of pocket expenses related to your accident or illness
Your worker’s comp attorney will work with the insurance company to make sure your injuries are covered. If they refuse to pay your claim, your lawyer will suggest that you file suit. If this happens, you’ll have to pursue your employer and the insurance company for your benefits.
The problem with having to file a worker’s comp suit is that it takes time. You still need to find a way to pay your bills in the meantime. Your lawyer will discuss this with you and help you find a solution.
Contact a Worker’s Compensation Attorney in Alexandria, Virginia Today
If you telecommute and suffer a work-related injury, you need to contact a worker’s compensation attorney in Alexandria today. Your lawyer will deal with the insurance company for you. He’ll make sure you get the medical care you need. He’ll also make sure you don’t return to work until you’re fully healed.
Call and schedule your initial consultation today. It costs you nothing and you’ll get the chance to have an experienced worker’s comp attorney review your case. He’ll also answer any questions you may have.