Drew LaFramboise has spent his entire legal career representing individuals in lawsuits against some of the country’s largest and most powerful corporations. Mr. LaFramboise leads Ashcraft & Gerel’s sexual assault and abuse practice, and is an advocate for sexual assault and abuse victims in seeking compensation from their abusers. He also handles complex products liability cases and works on nationwide mass tort litigations as a member of our pharmaceutical and medical device team. Mr. LaFramboise is an energetic and skillful attorney, who works tirelessly to ensure that his clients are treated fairly and that wrongdoers are held accountable.
While in law school, Mr. LaFramboise was the Chief Managing Editor of the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution and a moot court national semifinalist. Due to his outstanding work representing indigent clients in the Ohio State University legal clinics, Mr. LaFramboise received the school’s prestigious Clinic Award for Excellence and Service to the Community.
After graduating from law school, Mr. LaFramboise practiced for a number of years in Columbus, Ohio, where he represented consumers and individuals who were injured due to negligence and fought tenaciously against large corporations and insurance companies.
Since joining Ashcraft & Gerel in 2014, Mr. LaFramboise has secured millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. For example, Mr. LaFramboise was recently involved in litigation against the manufacturer of a dialysis product that resulted in a $250 million settlement. He also helped lead a nationwide litigation against a manufacturer of drug infusion pumps, securing a confidential settlement for hundreds of injured patients. In recent years, Mr. LaFramboise has achieved substantial compensation for individuals who suffered permanent injuries due to faulty automobile airbags, the families of women who suffered fatal injuries due to a defective surgical device used in hysterectomy procedures, and for hundreds of subway passengers who suffered smoke inhalation injuries while trapped on a train.
Outside the Courtroom
Mr. LaFramboise is actively involved in a number of legal organizations that help advance the rights of individuals when they have fallen victim to negligence.
In his free time, Mr. LaFramboise enjoys watching Ohio State sports, exercising, traveling, and exploring the local arts and music scene. Mr. LaFramboise lives with his wife and their three-year-old mutt in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
- J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2010, with honors
- B.A., University of Dayton, 2007, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, Washington D.C., 2017-2020
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, Washington D.C.
- Superb Rating by Avvo
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan D.C., Board of Governors
- American Constitution Society D.C. Lawyers Chapter, Executive Board
- Maryland State Bar Association
- “Deposing the Difficult Witness,” Trial Magazine (September 2017)
- “The Hidden Dangers of Power Morcellators,” Trial Magazine (July 2015)
- “The New Lawyers’ Guide to Navigating the False Claims Act,” AAJ Sidebar (Fall 2011).
- “Arbitrating the great Writ: Resolving Habeas Corpus Disputes through Arbitration,” Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution (Fall 2010)