Sean Smith has a strategic and unique background in workers’ compensation from both the plaintiff and defense perspectives. Mr. Smith started his career in Maryland in 2004 as an associate at Semmes, Bowen & Semmes and in seven years was elevated to principal. He has tried hundreds of circuit court jury trials and appears regularly before the MD WC Commission.
Prior to joining Ashcraft & Gerel, Mr. Smith ran his own practice representing claimants and plaintiffs with a focus on public safety workers.
Outside the Courtroom
Mr. Smith is not just a skilled workers’ comp lawyer but also an active soccer player who enjoys coaching and watching the game. In his spare time, he also enjoys traveling around the globe and spending quality time with his family.
- University of Delaware, 1997, dean’s list, Phi Sigma Kappa (founding father)
- Widener University School of Law, 2000, Moe Levine Trial Advocacy Honor Society
- New Jersey
- New York
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association